Vol. 11 No. 2
January 24, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 2
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- STATE OF THE UNION PREVIEW: In Email to Supporters, Obama Highlights Economy and Jobs, Education, Deficit Reduction, and Bipartisanship
- STATE OF THE UNION BINGO IS BACK!!
- UPCOMING WEBINAR: State of the Union Wrap-Up on Thursday, January 27
- EDUCATION AMONG AMERICANS’ TOP PRIORITIES FOR 2011: Education Ranks Fourth, Ahead of Reducing the Budget Deficit, According to New PEW Poll
- STATES’ PROGRESS AND CHALLENGES IN IMPLEMENTING COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS: New Report Reveals States’ Progress and Plans for Implementing the Common Core
- STATE OF THE STATE ADDRESSES 2011: Governors Recognize the Importance of Investments in Education