Vol. 11 No. 19
October 17, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 19
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- U.S. SENATORS HARKIN AND ENZI RELEASE DRAFT LANGUAGE TO REVISE NCLB: Senate Committee to Consider Draft Containing Important Provisions for Nation’s High Schools
- Nearly 75 Percent of States Plan to Request Waivers from No Child Left Behind Requirements
- WHAT’S THE SCENARIO?: U.S. Department of Education Releases Additional Details on Fiscal Year 2012 Funding Levels
- EDUCATION FOR TOMORROW’S JOBS: New Legislation Would Combine Rigorous College Prep with Workplace Experience
- GOV. BOB WISE ANNOUNCES DIGITAL LEARNING DAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012: First National Day Around Digital Learning to Be Focused on Personalized Learning and Effective Teaching
- EDUCATION AT A GLANCE: New OECD Report Finds That Education Pays in the United States More So Than in Most Countries