Vol. 11 No. 18
October 04, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- WAIVE AROUND: Obama Outlines Plan Allowing States to Waive Specific Provisions of No Child Left Behind Act
- Alliance Analyzes Benefits and Concerns in Obama’s Flexibility Plan for High Schools
- BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: Congress Begins Work on FY 2012 Funding for U.S. Department of Education as New Fiscal Year Begins
- THE ROLE OF INDUCTION: Teachers Need Increased Support as Schools Aim to Graduate More Students College and Career Ready, New Alliance Policy Brief Finds
- New Report Says Attrition Rate for New Teachers Could Be As High As 10 Percent
- GLOBALLY CHALLENGED: Individual U.S. States’ Proficiency Rates Vary Dramatically When Compared With Other Countries