Vol. 11 No. 17
September 19, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ALLIANCE PRESIDENT BOB WISE NAMED TO NONPROFIT TIMES’ TOP 50 MOST INFLUENTIAL EXECUTIVES
- SOUND AND FURY OR SIGNIFYING NOTHING?: Flurry of Congressional Activity on NCLB Rewrite As House Passes Charter Schools Bill, House Committee Holds Hearing, and Senate Republicans Introduce Legislation
- INFORMING WRITING: New Alliance Report Offers Evidence That Classroom-Based Assessments Can Improve Writing Skills of American Students
- INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT: United States Continues Slide in World Economic Forum’s Global Competitive Index
- ANYTIME, ANYPLACE: New Alliance Report Says Expanded Learning Opportunities Can Provide a Comprehensive Approach to Preparing High School Students for College and a Career