Vol. 11 No. 16
September 06, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ALLIANCE FOR EXCELLENT EDUCATION ANNOUNCES NEW CENTER FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL DIGITAL LEARNING AND POLICY: Center’s Work in Digital Learning to Be Integrated into All Alliance Policy Areas
- PATH TO A STRONG FUTURE: Duncan Testifies Before Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on the U.S. Department of Education’s Budget
- SEIZING THE OPPORTUNITY: Alliance Report Offers Federal Recommendations on Digital Learning and Technology
- NEW ALLIANCE BRIEF CALLS FOR ASSESSMENTS THAT MEASURE DEEPER LEARNING
- MAPPING STATE PROFICIENCY STANDARDS ONTO THE NAEP SCALES: Most States’ Proficiency Marks Still Fall Below National Standards, Report Finds
- THE CONDITION OF COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS: Only One in Four High School Graduates Considered “Ready” for College, ACT Finds