Vol. 11 No. 15
July 25, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS: Obama Hosts Education Roundtable with Nation’s Business Leaders
- “DIPLOMAS MEAN DOLLARS”: High School Graduates Earn $8,000 More Annually Compared to High School Dropouts, According to New Data
- THE UNDEREDUCATED AMERICAN: United States Failing to Meet Demand for College-Educated Workers, New Report Finds
- BREAKING SCHOOLS’ RULES: Study of Texas Seventh Graders Finds Students with Disciplinary Actions Five Times More Likely to Drop Out
- A Summer Postcard from the Alliance for Excellent Education