Vol. 11 No. 13
June 27, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 13
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- WAVE GOODBYE TO WAIVERS?: Key House Republicans Challenge Duncan’s Plan to Grant Waivers to NCLB Requirements
- House Education and the Workforce Committee Approves Charter Schools Bill
- “OVERLOOKED AND UNDERPAID”: New Alliance Report Examines How Title I Shortchanges High Schools
- THE EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE OF YOUNG MEN OF COLOR: Minority Males Lag Behind in High School and Beyond, According to College Board Report
- IMPROVING TEACHER QUALITY AROUND THE WORLD: New Report Shares Lessons from Two-Day International Summit on Teaching Profession