Vol. 11 No. 1
January 10, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS DELAYS EDUCATION FUNDING DECISIONS: Short-Term Measure Funds Government Into March, Ensures Greater Role for Republicans in Negotiations
- WHILE YOU WERE OUT: Alliance Webinar Examines 2010 Lame Duck Session and Possible ESEA Reauthorization in 2011
- IMPLEMENTING GRADUATION COUNTS: NGA Report Finds Forty-Eight States on Track to Use a Common Formula to Report High School Graduation Rates for Class of 2011
- SLOW AND UNEVEN PROGRESS IN NARROWING GAPS: New Report Examines State Test Score Trends, Finds States Have Long Way to Go in Closing Achievement Gaps
- Report Finds One-Third of Schools and Districts Fail to Make Adequate Yearly Progress
- 2011 STATE OF THE STATE ADDRESSES: New Hampshire and New York Serve as Contrasting Case Studies of Recession’s Effects