Vol. 10 No. 5
March 08, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 5
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ANOTHER POSITIVE STEP FOR ESEA REAUTHORIZATION: Testifying Before Congress, Duncan Calls for Reauthorization in 2010, Receives Praise for Bipartisan Outreach
- Race to the Top Finalists Announced
- DON’T LEAVE ACCOUNTABILITY BEHIND: Joint Report from Alliance and NCLB Commission Argues for ESEA Reauthorization
- CLOSING THE EXPECTATIONS GAP: A Measure of State Progress in Adopting College- and Career- Ready Policies
- GAINING GROUND IN THE MIDDLE GRADES: New EdSource Study Finds Higher-Performing Middle Schools Share Similar Practices