Vol. 10 No. 2
January 25, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 2
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- THE HIGH COST OF LOW EDUCATIONAL PERFORMANCE: New OECD Report Finds that 25 Point Increase in PISA Scores Could Lead to $40.6 Trillion Increase in United States’s GDP
- “BEST ECONOMIC STIMULUS IS A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA”: New Alliance Study Finds Lowering the High School Dropout Rate Boosts Job Creation, Home Ownership, Automobile Sales, and Economic Growth
- SOTU Bingo Returns: How Much Will President Obama Discuss Education in His January 27 State of the Union Address?
- COLLEGE- AND CAREER-READY: New Education Sector Report Offers a Different Take on Measuring Student College and Career Readiness
- Report Finds Young People Spend Nearly Eight Hours a Day Using Entertainment Media