Vol. 10 No. 19
October 18, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 19
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- TO BE CONTINUED: Congress Passes Continuing Resolution to Keep Government Running, Buys Time to Pass Appropriations Bills
- A STRONGER NATION THROUGH HIGHER EDUCATION: A Call to the Nation to Vastly Improve College Attainment Rates
- NO TIME TO WASTE: A Roadmap for SREB States to Lead the Nation in College Attainment Rates
- BACK ON TRACK TO COLLEGE: Brief Profiles Successful High School Dropout Recovery Program in Texas
- CLOSING THE TALENT GAP: New McKinsey Report Outlines Strategy for Attracting and Retaining “Top-Third” College Students in Teaching Field
- Alliance Now Accepting Proposals on Digital Learning