Vol. 10 No. 18
October 04, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- FROM GATHERING STORM TO CATEGORY 5: Five Years After Rising Above the Gathering Storm, U.S. Competitive Position Has Declined Further, Report Finds
- PREPARE AND INSPIRE: President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology Offers Recommendations on Improving K–12 STEM Education
- NEW COLLEGE BOARD REPORT SHOWS HOW EDUCATION PAYS IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE
- “College Grads Expand Lead in Job Security”
- CROSSING THE BRIDGE: New Report Studies Postsecondary Outcomes of GED Recipients