Vol. 10 No. 16
September 07, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SENATE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE PASSES EDUCATION FUNDING BILL: Bill Would Target 40 Percent of School Improvement Grants to Secondary Schools
- CALL FOR ACTION: Strengthening Teacher Human Capital System Is Key to Graduating All Students Prepared for College and Careers, Says Alliance Brief
- New Model Core Teaching Standards Available for Public Comment Until October 15
- THE LINKED LEARNING APPROACH: A California-Based Reform Model Provides Direction for Transforming Teacher Preparation
- Bush and Wise Convene Digital Learning Council to Develop Principles and Policies for Integrating Innovations in Technology into Public Education
- THE BLACK-WHITE ACHIEVEMENT GAP: New Report Questions Why Progress Has Stalled in Closing the Achievement Gap
- YES WE CAN: A Present Day Snapshot of the Persisting Achievement Gap