Vol. 10 No. 15
July 26, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ESEA, RIGHT AWAY!: Voters Want Federal Action on High School Reform, According to New National Poll
- STRIKING A BALANCE: House Appropriations Subcommittee Falls Short of President Obama’s Education Funding Goal
- THE STATE OF STATE STANDARDS—AND THE COMMON CORE: Common Core State Standards Are Stronger than Current Standards in Three Quarters of States, New Report Finds
- LEARNING FROM LEADERSHIP: New Report Finds Effective School Leadership Is Strongly Connected to Student Achievement
- New Report Examines How Leadership Can Raise Achievement and Narrow Gaps in Student Outcomes
- A Summer Postcard from the Alliance for Excellent Education