Vol. 10 No. 12
June 14, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 12
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- A COMMON UNDERSTANDING: Final K–12 Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics Released on June 2
- States Already Moving to Adopt the Common Core State Standards Initiative
- DIPLOMAS COUNT: New Report Finds High School Students Today Graduate at About the Same Rate as in the Early 1960s
- ECONOMIC IMPERATIVE: Alliance Study Finds that Fewer Dropouts Means Higher Spending on Homes, Cars, and Investments
- OPPORTUNITY AT THE TOP: New Report Finds that Concentrated Efforts to Retain and Expand the Reach of the Nation’s Top Teachers Could Vastly Improve Education