The Future Ready Learner Design Process utilizes human-centered design to provide a highly creative, people-oriented approach to solving relevant problems and developing action-oriented solutions within a school or district.
This is Step 3: Future Ready Learner Showcase. In Step 3, you will use the knowledge/skills and characteristics/dispositions gathered in Steps 1 and 2 to design and showcase your Future Ready Learner profiles that represent the values and goals of your school and district communities.
Objective: Use the knowledge/skills and characteristics/dispositions gathered in Steps 1 and 2 to design and showcase your Future Ready Learner profiles that represent the values and goals of your school and district communities.
- Create a a list of the top three to five essentials from Step 2: Dot Voting.
- Print the Future Ready Learner worksheet, one per group.
- Set out one piece of large chart paper and assorted markers on each table.
Create a Future Ready Learner Showcase
1. Using your team’s three to five essentials from Step 2, add them to the Future Ready Learner Essentials Map to develop further what success in that area looks like. (15-30 minutes)
2. Continue to complete the map by describing each essential action and creating a corresponding definition. (15-30 minutes)
3. In the center of the map, add your school logo, an image of students or an icon that represents your district’s core values.
Essential Action: Life ready
Definition: Students at FR District build postive relationships, attend to personal, social, and emotional well-being and are
active participant in community.
4. Amplify the work! Share your Future Ready Learner Showecase with your community, Future Ready SchoolsⓇ, and the Readiness Institute at Penn State so that they can celebrate your success and amplify the great work of your team. On social media, tag your Future Ready Learner Showcase with the hashtag #FutureReady.
STEP 3: 30- 60 minutes (total time)
Ready to Get Started on Step 4?
Now that you have identified essentials and created a Future Ready Learner Showcase, go to Step 4: Moving from Essentials to Actions.