The Alliance for Excellent Education (the Alliance) is a national policy, practice, and advocacy organization. Its mission is to promote high school transformation to make it possible for every child to graduate prepared for postsecondary education and success in life. The Alliance develops and advocates for research-based national and federal policies that support effective secondary school reform. Specifically, the organization aims to assure that high standards, aligned with college and work readiness, are in place in all schools and that students are provided with the support they need to attain academic success. The Alliance’s efforts are based on the premise that if given the right environment and tools, every student can achieve.
Open to an undergraduate or graduate student interested in fundraising. Candidate must have excellent oral, written, and communication skills, is well organized, has data management experience, and is a self-starter who can complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
The development intern will work closely with the vice president of philanthropic partnerships and the senior development associate in providing support that will primarily focus on prospect research; grant writing including letters, concept papers, and proposals; and data entry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research prospects—organizations/individuals—for partnership development and grant funding opportunities (using Foundation Directory, Lexis Nexis, and ResearchPoint).
- Work within database to track relevant information and actions concerning current funders and development prospects (using eTapestry).
- Draft correspondance, as needed.
- Assist in drafting letters of inquiry, concept papers, and grant proposals
- Perform other development-related duties as assigned.
This position is paid. The Development Intern is hired for employment during the academic year—during the fall and the spring term.
Applications for summer 2019 are now being accepted. Please send all of the following items to email@example.com:
- A resume
- A list of references
- A writing sample
- A cover letter expressing interest and the dates of your availability
Please include all application materials in one Microsoft Word document or PDF file. Submissions with multiple email attachments will not be accepted. Submit your application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline for the summer 2019 development internship is April 5, 2018.