September 26, 2023 9:00 AM-3:00 PMLearn More
The pandemic has inflicted stress on all levels of the education system over the past few years, and in some districts, additional tragedies have layered on the levels of trauma. School and district leaders in the Neosho School District in Missouri haven’t only dealt with the struggles of the pandemic, but they’ve had to overcome the total destruction of their elementary school when it was struck by a tornado, as well as a mental health crisis that began years before the pandemic. However, through the immense trauma experienced by students and staff, significant leadership lessons were learned, and new systems were implemented.
The guests shared:
- the Neosho School District story and lessons learned through the trauma;
- strategies to address student and staff trauma and mental health concerns;
- the importance of maintaining high expectations, even while navigating issues; and
- a tool they use to help keep students safe so they can address issues in a timely fashion
- Tal Clubbs, Social Worker, Neosho School District (MO)
- Dr. Jim Cummins, Superintendent, Neosho School District (MO)
- Samatha Hamilton, Principal, Neosho School District (MO)
- Thomas C. Murray, Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools (DC), @thomascmurray
Please direct questions concerning the webinar to email@example.com. If you are unable to watch the webinar live, please register to receive the video archive directly in your inbox.