February 8, 2023 9:00 AM-3:30 PMLearn More
- Andrea Keller, Librarian, Lamar Middle School, Irving ISD (TX) (@akbusybee)
- Heather Lamb, Lead Librarian, Castleberry High School, Castleberry ISD (TX) (@heatherlamb08)
- Allison Kibbey, Director of Instructional Technology and Library Media, Orange County Public Schools (FL) (@allikibs)
- Nicole Lopez, Program Specialist Instructional Technology and Library Media, Orange County Public Schools (FL) (@NicoleLOCPS)
- Claire Gatrell-Stephens, Resource Teacher Instructional Technology and Library Media, Orange County Public Schools (FL) (@cdgstephens)
- Margie Wells, Resource Teacher Instructional Technology and Library Media, Orange County Public Schools (FL) (@LibraryGoddessM)
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarians® Spokesperson, District Teacher Librarian, Van Meter Community School (IA) (moderator) (@shannonmmiller)
As Future Ready Librarians®, we are rock stars at creating amazing library programs that inspire reading and learning all year long. As we head into the summer months, it is especially important to develop programs that will support our students throughout this time as well.
In this webinar, Shannon McClintock Miller, talked with fellow teacher librarians and instructional technology specialists from two different school districts about how they inspire reading and learning all year long with amazing programs, advocacy, and ideas. You will learn about dynamic reading promotions, diverse student challenges, social media advocacy, collaboration within the school community and public libraries, and more.
You will be inspired as we begin to think about summer reading, and building our community of readers all year long!
During the webinar you will
- hear ideas for summer and year–round reading and learning;
- learn about various districtwide reading programs that inspire students to read at home;
- learn how to leverage social media and other creative technology ideas for advocacy and promotions; and
- be inspired by the collaboration that takes places with these library programs and communities.
Access the slide deck from the webinar.
For questions about the webinar, contact Lia Dossin.