In this discussion, experts in the field shared their insights and experiences on how schools can make sustainable technology choices that benefit students and save money in the long run.
Our panelists covered topics such as:
- How to evaluate the sustainability of technology products and vendors
- Best practices for reducing e-waste and extending the life of devices
- Strategies for funding and budgeting sustainable technology solutions
- Opportunities for integrating technology education and curriculum
- Dr. Tracy Daniel-Hardy, Director of Technology, Gulfport School District (MS) (@DrTracyDanielH1 )
- Brandi Steckel, Senior Business Development Manager, AWS
- Rob Dickson, Chief Information Officer, Wichita Public Schools (@showmerob)
- Adam Phyall, EDd, Director of Professional Learning and Leadership, Future Ready Schools (@askAdam3)
IDC’s Analyst Connect: How K–12 Schools Can Move Past Procurement Barriers to Take Advantage of Cloud Services
K–12 schools have much to gain from cloud services, including enhanced data security
and digital resilience. However, procurement challenges are making it difficult for
schools to make the shift.
A special thanks for AWS for supporting this event.