In recent years, the importance of providing students with the opportunity to explore career pathways during their middle and high school experiences has become increasingly recognized. As the world of work continues to evolve, students must have a clear understanding of their career goals and the skills and knowledge they need to achieve them.
Watch this webinar to learn the latest trends, best practices, and innovative strategies for integrating career exploration into the educational experience to prepare students better for success in both work and life.
Our guests shared their unique perspectives on designing and implementing expanded career pathways to maximize student workforce opportunities. We learned:
- the importance of career pathways in fostering a well-rounded education and preparing students for the ever-evolving workforce;
- the creation of community partnerships to identify the alignment between education and job market needs;
- the most effective ways to design and implement career pathway programs within your educational institution or organization; and
- forging meaningful partnerships between schools, businesses, and community organizations to create mutually beneficial opportunities for students.
- Lydia Smyers, Vice President, U.S. Education. Microsoft
- Jeraline M. Johnson, Ed. D., Director, Choice & Career Options, The School District of Palm Beach County(FL)
- Tim Schmitt, Ed. D., Career, Technical, & Agricultural Education Director, Newton County Schools (GA)
- Brian Miller, Principal, Regional Occupational Programs, Kern High School District (CA)
- Adam Phyall, EDd, Director of Professional Learning and Leadership, Future Ready Schools
A special thanks for Microsoft for supporting this event.