All events occur in eastern time.
The relationships we build with our students and staff provide a foundation for all we do. We work to create safe spaces in which our entire school community can not only access our print and digital resources but engage in opportunities for social and emotional regulation and growth. During this webinar, we will discuss what the Parkway School District (MO) is doing in their library program to explore what it means to be a mindful librarian and we will give specific examples from both elementary and secondary settings. You will come away from this webinar with innovative ideas that can be implemented in your library right away!
We will discuss:
- What it means to be a mindful librarian (taking care of self, taking care of others, taking care of the world around us)?
- How students and staff can focus on mindfulness with the elementary and secondary libraries and schools?
- What programs are used to support SEL across grade levels and curriculum?
Register for the webinar and submit questions for the panelists to Lia Dossin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kira Brennan, Innovation and Library Systems Support Specialist, Parkway School District (MO) (@mrskirabrennan)
- Dr. Jenny Gray, Library Media Specialist, Sorrento Springs Elementary, Parkway School District (MO)
- Dawn Murray, Library Media Specialist, Parkway South High School, Parkway School District (MO) (@PSouthLibrary)
- Katie Pendleton, Library Media Specialist, Parkway South High School, Parkway School District (MO) (@PSouthLibrary)
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarians Spokesperson, K-12 District Teacher Librarian, Van Meter Community School (IA) (@shannonmmiller)
Register today – It’s Free!
The Future Ready Librarian strand is supported by Follett.