October 10, 2023 9:00 AM-3:00 PMLearn More
FREE SEL DIGITAL CONTENT
The Achievery is FREE digital Learning platform designed to provide engaging, entertaining, and inspiring content for K-12 students. Created in collaboration with WarnerMedia, the platform has a variety of social emotional learning units and lesson plans aligned to the CASEL standards.
Awareness and mindfulness practices are extremely important for students and teachers to be their best selves. But how can we ensure that our school libraries foster mindfulness, self-care, and inclusion? The guests discussed how to include awareness, mindfulness, self-care, and inclusion in your collection, your library practice and lesson planning, and through the use of technology.
During the webinar, guests shared:
- An overview of what awareness is and how it is different from mindfulness
- Strategies and options of which to be aware for collection development
- A review of awareness and mindfulness for students and ideas for your library
- Tips on how to be mindful with technology use and practices to can share with students
- Traci Chun, Teacher, Vancouver Public Schools (WA)
- Ashley Cooksey, Technology Learning Center Director and Instructor, University of Central Arkansas (AK)
- Lynn Kleinmeyer, Digital Learning Consultant, Grant Wood Area Education Agency, Cedar Rapids, (IA) @THLibrariZen
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarian Spokesperson and District Teacher Librarian, Van Meter Community School (IA) @shannonmmiller and thelibraryvoice.com