During this webinar, Shannon McClintock Miller hosted four amazing Texas librarians who talked about the importance of creating a strong library PLN (personal learning network) and the difference it can make within our practice and lives. They shared their experiences around how to find your people who have shared values and how to stand together as a profession.
- Ways to foster relationships on social media channels and beyond
- Strategies for promoting accomplishments and presentations
- How to get involved in state and national librarian programs
All educators, especially librarians, need someone to lean on who GETS IT. Librarians are facing many obstacles, such as book banning, censorship, and budget cuts, so now is the time to create connections beyond your district. You will leave the webinar armed with new ideas, regardless of where you are in your own PLN journey.
- Amanda Hunt, Librarian, New Braunfels ISD (TX) @TheNextGenLibrarian
- Deborah Zeman, Middle School Library and Information Technology Educator (TX) @DebZemanLMS
- Karina Quilantan-Garza, Library Media Specialist, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD (TX) @CuetheLibrarian
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarian Spokesperson and District Teacher Librarian, Van Meter Community School (IA) @shannonmmiller and thelibraryvoice.com