Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Remote | 1425 K Street NW, Suite 700, Washington, D.C. 20005
All4Ed is a national nonprofit advocacy organization committed to expanding equitable educational opportunities for students from underserved communities. They advance transformation from the classroom to Congress by advocating for federal, state, and local policies and practices that ensure all students graduate high school prepared for college, work, and life.
When All4Ed launched in 2001, the focus was on excellence, defined as “every child a graduate.” From this founding principle, All4Ed led a coalition to determine a consistent way to measure graduation rates across the country and dramatically increase graduation rates to 87% in 2020 – the highest level of high school graduation the country had ever seen. Through objective, nonpartisan research and guidance, All4Ed has successfully supported federal and state leaders to develop and implement policies that advance equitable strategies, support the education profession, increase student achievement, and expand educational attainment. Once focused primarily on raising high school graduation rates, All4Ed is now committed to ensuring all students are prepared for postsecondary education and beyond. The organization is recognized for its efforts to promote college and career pathways, resource equity, effective accountability, and access to high-speed internet. All4Ed’s advocacy has led to lasting change through the adoption of federal policies included in the “Every Student Succeeds Act,” “Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act,” and the “American Rescue Plan Act.”
In 2011, All4Ed launched the Center for Digital Learning Policy and Practice to address equitable access to innovation and effective learning policy and practice in K–12 public schools. Building on this effort, All4Ed launched the Future Ready Schools® (FRS) network in partnership with the U.S. Department of Education and a national coalition of edtech organizations to support district and school leaders across the country. FRS is founded on a research-based framework that emphasizes effective digital learning and learner-centered approaches to education and continues to drive the network’s direction. FRS is a transformative initiative with a focus on innovation, equity, and excellence in K–12 education. It provides district leaders with the necessary tools, resources, and professional learning activities to lead transformative change.
To learn more about All4Ed, please visit https://all4ed.org/about-us/.
All4Ed is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who understands that education policy and practice must pivot to ensure that all students are prepared to engage in the future of work. All4Ed’s next CEO will embrace the necessary changes and reposition All4Ed to engage the future by being a visionary leader responsible for driving the organization’s mission, strategy, and overall success. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced executive with a passion for advancing the U.S. education system to increase student engagement and equity, provide greater personalized learning for all students, and advance education outcomes and equity by leveraging emerging technologies (i.e., AI, virtual reality, Science of Learning, and EdTech). The new CEO will bring a dynamic, entrepreneurial, business, and growth mindset to the organization to build on successes and All4Ed’s solid reputation as well as identify new opportunities, foster strategic partnerships, and consistently drive the organization toward greater impact.
The CEO will lead the organization in expanding equitable education opportunities for students through its core work in influencing federal, state, and local education policy and in practice through the Future Ready Schools network. Working closely with the board of directors, staff, partners, and stakeholders, the CEO will help advance All4Ed’s goals and impact the education landscape in the United States.
Key Areas of Responsibility of the CEO include:
- Clearly define the vision for All4Ed, how the organization will operate, and what it will prioritize.
- Define organizational goals and the key strategies that will be implemented to achieve those goals.
- Develop key outcomes and metrics to measure progress toward organizational goals, including how to measure the impact of Policy and FRS work.
- Engage the board, staff, and partners in this process.
Fund Development & Revenue Generation
- Execute development strategy to secure annual giving from foundations to support specific organizational needs.
- Nurture relationships with key major donors and foundations.
- Launch new revenue generation strategies (product/service revenue).
- Develop and execute a strategy to ensure key external partners support All4Ed’s work.
- Develop and execute a strategy to develop and leverage relationships, partnerships, votes, influence, etc., at the federal and state levels to serve All4Ed’s mission.
- Build and nurture relationships that will support All4Ed politically, financially, and programmatically.
Policy & Network Impact
- Foster deeper integration of All4Ed’s policy and practice efforts to produce greater impact from the classroom to Congress.
- Ensure the successful growth of the State Policy Center, an exciting new initiative that will promote educational equity through model legislation, state-focused policy resources, and technical assistance for state policymakers and advocates.
- Continue leading equity and innovation issues through the Future Ready Schools initiative, federal education policy, and the State Policy Center.
- Advance foundational skills for “excellence in education” through All4Ed’s emerging efforts to connect research to practice.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with education drivers (funders, policymakers, researchers, and practitioners) to grow demand for and build a desire to establish a shared vision for the future of education in the United States.
Communications & Marketing
- Increase brand awareness and name recognition of All4Ed nationally through various channels, including social media, op-eds, public speaking, etc.
- Implement a plan to synthesize All4Ed’s work to make it clear to key stakeholders, including politicians, district leaders, and funders.
- In collaboration with the Board, recruit new board members who can meaningfully contribute to the strategic priorities of All4Ed and represent the students the organization serves.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the ideal CEO candidate will have:
- 10 + years of proven experience in senior leadership roles with a track record of achieving significant measurable results, ideally in the education sector.
- A deep understanding of education policy, advocacy, and reform efforts, with a demonstrated commitment to All4Ed’s mission and vision.
- Strong fundraising experience, including a track record of securing significant grants and donations.
- Demonstrated business and entrepreneurial acumen; building a revenue-generating business line or taking an initiative from an idea to a sustaining program is a plus.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills with a demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams.
- Evidence of leading and building authentic relationships with community partners, policymakers, funders, and other supporters, and an ability to engage with various individuals and audiences.
- Cultural competence and self-reflection as a leader who understands the effects of race, class, ethnicity, income, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and other issues of difference in society and can lead direct conversations about them.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary range of $300,000 – $350,000 and robust medical, dental, and retirement benefits. For additional questions about this position or to speak with someone about your interest, please contact Zach Harr at email@example.com.
All4Ed is an equal-opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required. #LI-ZH1