Webinar Today: College and Career Readiness:What Does It Really Mean?
May 31, 2011 06:14 pm
Part 3: The Practitioner Perspective
When: Today, May 31, 2011, 3:00 – 4:00 pm EST
What: This afternoon, the Alliance for Excellent Education is hosting a webinar to discuss the innovative efforts of the Center for Advanced Research and Technology (CART). Through its partnerships with the Fresno and Clovis Unified School Districts in California, CART successfully provides participating students with an interdisciplinary college- and career-preparatory curricula and project-based experiences that mirror the realities of today’s workplace. When compared to similar students’ results from across the two districts, CART students have achieved impressive results, including higher graduation rates, better achievement outcomes, and higher college participation rates.
During the webinar, CART staff members will talk about the program and describe their experiences, and a representative from the U.S. Department of Education will discuss how these college- and career-ready efforts can be supported on a broader level. The webinar will also include time for panelists to address questions submitted by viewers across the nation. “Part 3: The Practitioner Perspective” is the third and final webinar in the Alliance’s three-part webinar series, “College and Career Readiness: What Does It Really Mean?” which reflects perspectives on college and career readiness from a variety of sectors.
- Patrick Ainsworth, Assistant Superintendent and Director of Secondary, Career, and Adult Learning Division, California Department of Education
- Devin Blizzard, Chief Executive Officer, Center for Advanced Research and Technology
- Jeanne Escalera, Lead Teacher, Center for Advanced Research and Technology
- Elizabeth Grant, Special Assistant, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Bob Wise, President, Alliance for Excellent Education
Where: To register for the webinar or submit questions in advance, visit: http://media.all4ed.org/registration-may-31.