Upcoming Alliance Event in Washington, DC
January 19, 2011 10:39 pm
On February 8, the Alliance and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education will host the event: A Standards-Based Approach to Improving Teaching: Teacher Performance Assessment Consortium. See below for more details:
When: February 8, 2011 – 8:30 – 11:00 am (Continental breakfast available at 8:30 am; program begins at 9:00 am.)
Where: Washington Court Hotel, Atrium Ballroom, 525 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, DC
What: A discussion about the initiative launched by the Teacher Performance Assessment Consortium that holds promise for shaping a common vision of skilled teaching commensurate with the national goal of preparing all students for college and careers. Twenty states have joined together with the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, the Council of Chief State Schools Officers, and Stanford University to create a common teacher performance assessment that can be used to make preparation and licensing performance based. The event will highlight the pilot underway and the implications for policies to improve the quality, consistency, and coherence of teaching nationwide. This event is made possible with support from the Metlife Foundation.
- Karen Balmer, Executive Director, Minnesota Board of Teaching
- Mariana Haynes, Senior Fellow, Alliance for Excellent Education
- Peter McWalters, Consultant, Education Workforce, Council of Chief State School Officers
- Ray Pecheone, Director, School Redesign Network, Stanford University
- Charles Peck, Director of Teacher Education, University of Washington
- Sharon Robinson, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Marcy Singer-Gabella, Professor of the Practice of Education, Vanderbilt University
- Jennifer Wallace, Executive Director, Washington State Professional Education Standards Board
RSVP: Email email@example.com with the subject line “RSVP: February 8 Teacher Performance Assessment” or contact Shawnice Hood at (202) 828-0828. Please RSVP by Tuesday, February 1, 2011. Space for this event is limited.