Straight A’s Newsletter: Education Funding and Sequestration; International Comparisons; Deeper Learning and more
July 25, 2012 02:42 pm
Here are some headlines from the latest edition of the Alliance’s Straight A’s newsletter. Download the newsletter here.
- HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE SHARPENS BUDGET KNIFE: Subcommittee’s Bill Would Cut Education Programs by $1.1 Billion
- WAITING FOR SEQUESTRATION: OMB Director Urges Congress to Offset Impact of $1.2 Trillion in Automatic Spending Cuts; Senate Committee to Examine Impact on Federal Education Programs
- SUMMER WAIVE(RS): Six Additional States and the District of Columbia Receive NCLB Waivers; To Date, Thirty-Two States and DC Have Received Waivers
- ACHIEVEMENT GROWTH: New Report Labels U.S. Learning Gains “Middling” Compared to Rest of the World
- EDUCATION FOR LIFE AND WORK: National Research Council Report Says “Deeper Learning” Is “Essential” for Success in Twenty-First Century
For a free email subscription to Straight A’s, email firstname.lastname@example.org.