Project 24 Twitter Chat on Professional Development
November 04, 2013 10:23 pm
Please join the Alliance for Excellent Education, Project 24, and the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation at North Carolina State University for a special Project 24 Twitter chat on Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 8:00 to 9:00 on Eastern time.
This chat will focus on one of the most important aspects of the transition to digital learning: professional development. The chat will be moderated by Thomas Murray of Quakertown Community School District in Quakertown, Pennsylvania along with Mary Ann Wolf, CEO of Wolf Ed, and other staff from the Alliance and the Friday Institute. Participants from the ongoing Digital Learning Transition MOOC as well as any interested educators and policymakers are welcome.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn and share about issues in professional development, including:
- Elements of effective professional development
- What works – and what doesn’t work in terms of impact on instruction and achievement
- Ways to transform professional development to better prepare teachers and administrators for digital learning environments
- How to model effective professional learning
- Ideas for improving professional development in the short and long term
To participate, simply visit Twitter and search for the hashtag #project24. For a more advanced look at participating in a Twitter chat, check out Tom Murray’s Quick Start Guide.
Questions can be directed to Terri Schwartzbeck at the Alliance.