Vol. 9 No. 5
March 10, 2009
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 9, No. 5
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS PASSES FY 2009 OMNIBUS BILL: Bill Will Provide $4.45 Billion Increase for U.S. Department of Education
- INDIVIDUALS WITH LESS EDUCATION BEAR BRUNT OF JOB LOSSES: As Unemployment Rate Hits 8.1 Percent, Individuals Seek to Upgrade Their Education
- In Address to Congress, President Obama Says Dropping Out of High School is “No Longer an Option”
- THE ATLANTIC CENTURY: New Report Ranks the United States Sixth in Global Competitiveness
- U.S. Department of Education Issues Guidance on ARRA Funds