Vol. 4 No. 5
March 22, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 5
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- A NEW VISION FOR NAEP: National Commission Recommends Mandatory NAEP Test for a Representative Sample of Twelfth-Grade Students
- STUDY FINDS THAT RHODE ISLAND STUDENTS ARE NOT ALL COLLEGE READY
- PELL GRANTS PLUS: New Legislation Gains Traction on Capitol Hill
- CONGRESS SHIFTS INTO BUDGET MODE: Senate Passes Congressional Budget Plan, House Expected to Act This Week
- FOCUS ON THE WONDER YEARS: New RAND Report Examines Challenges Facing Middle Schools
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ISSUES MORE FLEXIBILE REGULATIONS ON TEACHER QUALITY