Vol. 4 No. 13
July 12, 2004
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 4, No. 13
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- U.S. MAYORS ADOPT ALLIANCE’S RECOMMENDATIONS ON TEACHER INDUCTION AT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- CHICAGO TO CLOSE WORST-PERFORMING SCHOOLS: Approximately Sixty Schools to Close Over Six Years, Replaced by One Hundred Small Schools
- LOCATING THE DROPOUT CRISIS: Almost 50 Percent of African-American Students Attend Weak High Schools
- IMPROVING THE ECONOMIC AND LIFE OUTCOMES OF AT-RISK YOUTH: New Report Finds That “Reconnection” Programs Must Focus on Education
- MURDOCH SAYS AMERICAN STUDENTS TO LOSE JOBS TO BETTER EDUCATED COUNTERPARTS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES: Urges Business Community to Offer More Support to Schools