Vol. 3 No. 8
April 28, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 8
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- LEFT OUT AND LEFT BEHIND: New Alliance Report Examines NCLB and the American High School
- RECOGNIZING THE DROPOUT CRISIS: New Reporting Requirements in NCLB will Spotlight Pitifully Low Graduation Rates
- STATES CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE WITH NCLB IMPLEMENTATION: Budget Deficits, New Mandates Create a Heavy Burden
- THEY WORK HARD FOR THEIR EDUCATION: Successful Chicago High School Pairs Students with Businesses to Help Pay Tuition
- STUDY FINDS CHARTER SCHOOLS LOW ON RESOURCES: Unqualified Teachers and Little Federal Funding Plague Charter Schools
- HIGH TIME FOR HIGH SCHOOL REFORM: Gates’ Small Schools Program Finds Tough Early Going, but Promising Outlook
- BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE…IN THE CLASSROOM: Retired Military Personnel Turn to Teaching