Vol. 3 No. 1
January 20, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- NATION MARKS FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF THE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT: States Grapple with Funding and Requirements
- CONGRESS STRUGGLES UNDER TIGHT FEDERAL SPENDING LIMITS: Size of Education Investment At Stake
- WHITE HOUSE CREATES NEW TASK FORCE FOR DISADVANTAGED YOUTH
- NEW REPORT LAUDS COST-EFFECTIVENESS OF AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS: Taxpayers Would Save $3 for Every $1 Spent
- KLEIN FOCUSES ON PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP: New York City Schools Chancellor Hands Out Grades to City Principals
- NEWMAN TO LEAVE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: Former Assistant Secretary to Return to Her Research on Reading
- RHODE ISLAND TO BEGIN STATEWIDE PROGRAM TO RAISE HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION LEVELS
- EDUCATION WEEK RELEASES NEW REPORT: Quality Counts 2003: If I Can’t Learn From You, Reveals National Teacher Gap