Vol. 15 No. 3
February 18, 2015
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 15, No. 3
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- NCLB REWRITE ADVANCES: Senate Begins Bipartisan Negotiations as House Committee Passes Partisan Bill
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY: Four School Districts to Be Featured During Annual Celebration of Great Teaching and Effective Use of Technology on March 13
- THE BIG 80s: U.S. National High School Graduation Rate Hits All-Time High of 81 Percent
- (SIG)NIFICANT BENEFITS: Federal School Improvement Grants Close Urban Schools’ Achievement Gaps and Advance High School Students Toward Graduation, New Report Finds
- CLOSING THE EXPECTATIONS GAP: Less Than Half of U.S. States Have Aligned Graduation Requirements with New College- and Career-Ready Standards, New Report Finds