Vol. 12 No. 7
April 02, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 7
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- PROBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD: House Passes Congressional Budget Resolutions, Sets Overall Spending Cap at $19 Billion Below Senate
- COMPETITIVE VERSUS FORMULA: Secretary Duncan Defends Obama FY 2013 Budget Request on Capitol Hill
- SUPERINTENDENTS WEIGH IN: House Appropriations Subcommittee Hears from School Superintendents on President Obama’s Budget Request
- CONFRONTING THE CRISIS: New Alliance Report Offers Solutions for Nation’s Literacy Crisis
- U.S. EDUCATION REFORM AND NATIONAL SECURITY: New Report Says United States’s Failure to Educate Its Students Is National Security Threat
- IT TAKES A WHOLE SOCIETY: New Report Says High School Years Should Blend Academic and Applied Learning, Provide Students with Window to Outside World