Vol. 10 No. 23
December 13, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 23
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- GETTING BACK TO AVERAGE: American Fifteen-Year-Olds Rank 14th in Reading, 17th in Science, and 25th in Mathematics, According to Latest PISA Results
- COMING DECEMBER 17: One-on-One Opportunity to Ask Questions of the OECD’s Andreas Schleicher
- ALSO ON THE ALLIANCE WEBSITE: Series of Webinars Offer Additional Insight on PISA Results
- A FIRST LOOK: New Report Finds Many Students Lack Skills Outlined in Common Core State Standards
- THE FISCAL SURVEY OF STATES: Despite Small Increases in State Revenues, Most States Still Facing Significant Budget Gaps, Report Finds
- Happy Holidays from the Alliance for Excellent Education!