Vol. 10 No. 1
January 11, 2010
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 10, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- EDUCATION APPROPRIATIONS BILL SIGNED INTO LAW: U.S. Department of Education to Receive $1 Billion Increase in Funding
- NCLB ANNIVERSARY RECEIVES LITTLE ATTENTION FROM OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Alliance President Calls for Reauthorization in 2010, Says NCLB Is a “Compact Disc in an iPod World”
- THE TIME IS NOW: New Alliance Brief Outlines Need for Common Standards
- REFINING HIGH SCHOOL AS A LAUNCH PAD: Deloitte Survey Finds that Teachers Do Not View College Preparation as the Primary Mission in High School
- INCREASING COLLEGE SUCCESS: New NGA Brief Outlines Key Solutions for Governors Seeking to Raise Their States’ College Completion Rates
- NGA Selects Six States to Participate in New Dropout Prevention Initiative