Reports to: Vice President of Communications and Marketing
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Minimum Salary: $60,000.00
Preferred Starting Date: March 27, 2023
All4Ed is a national policy, practice, and advocacy organization based in Washington, DC, and working in states and school districts nationwide. All4Ed advances equitable policies and practices so all students, especially those from underserved communities—particularly students of color and those from low-income families—graduate high school prepared to complete postsecondary education and achieve success in a rapidly changing world.
For twenty years, All4Ed has provided a voice for the nation’s most vulnerable youth to ensure that all of them—regardless of background, race, ethnicity, learning or physical ability, zip code, or family income—receive a high-quality education. Additionally, All4Ed supports state policy focused on college and career readiness and district efforts to support the effective use of technology in education through our Future Ready Schools® (FRS) network of more than 3,500 school districts. We conduct policy analyses, advocate for equity-focused policies at all levels, and provide technical assistance to states and districts to address the mismatch between student outcomes and workforce expectations. Today, All4Ed advances equity in education from the classroom to Congress.
This position requires a demonstrated commitment to equity and excellence for all young people and a respect for policies and practices to ensure all students, especially those historically underserved, have access and opportunities to thrive and be well prepared for education beyond high school. Reporting to the vice president of communications and marketing, All4Ed is seeking a social media and website manager to join its communications team and increase the organization’s advocacy footprint and online presence. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, innovative, flexible team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on varied and often changing activities that support the organization’s aggressive outreach to policymakers, partner organizations, the media, school districts and other constituencies.
He, she, or they should have a keen eye for design, be highly creative, and can multitask and manage projects and daily responsibilities within a dynamic, highly collegial environment. This position offers the opportunity to grow as a vital member of our communications team while expanding and improving the capacity of a well-established yet evolving organization.
Broad job responsibilities include producing, developing, designing, and editing the content for the organization’s various social media channels and websites.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage All4Ed’s social media outreach on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube, including live tweeting, taking event photos, and work with the vice president of communications and marketing to create a strategic plan to expand its impact and integrate it into All4Ed’s overall communications and messaging efforts.
- Manage All4Ed’s website (WordPress), posting of reports, press releases, and other relevant documents. Implement changes to design, layout, navigation, functionality, etc., to improve website usability, accessibility, and visibility.
- Ensure all social media and web content adheres to communications/messaging guidelines (content strategy, messaging, branding, tone, style, and editorial).
- Collect, analyze, and report on social media and website traffic and use that information for search engine optimization and other methods to increase traffic and engage visitors.
- Perform benchmarking and competitive analysis of other sites, social media channels, etc., that serve or impact All4Ed audiences.
- Integrate online advocacy into the organization’s overall strategic direction on All4Ed website and All4Ed social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram).
- Perform quality checks and content audits to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve typos, broken links, functionality errors, and poor user interface issues.
- Research new technologies, techniques, industry trends, and best practices to keep the website(s) fresh and up-to-date with the latest technological developments.
Qualifications and Prior Demonstrated Experience
All4Ed is looking for a candidate with a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience in website and social media management, including web content and responsive design for mobile devices.
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and demonstrated experience in developing project work plans and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively about the role of social media in achieving the organization’s goals while also remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow through required by the position.
- Proven ability to work with vendors to produce web enhancements, troubleshoot, and fix technical problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, analytical, decision making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and proactive in troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Ability and desire to collaborate and work well with staff at all levels and in a team environment, and to work effectively in both a lead and support role.
- Resourceful, detailed oriented, flexible, reliable, organized, highly responsive, and accountable with a strong work ethic.
- Comfort in a production- and deadline-driven environment.
Strongly Desired Technical Skills
- Writing, editing, and maintaining website content using WordPress.
- Proficiency of cross-browser compatibility issues as they relate to web content.
- Ability to design responsive, visually appealing webpages that can be scaled and are adaptive to multiple devices.
- Functional understanding of web usability standards/best practices, graphic design, and emerging web technologies.
- Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, InDesign, and other applications to create and optimize graphics for the web as well as printed materials.
All4Ed trusts and values our team to collaboratively produce excellent work, contribute to a positive and supportive work culture, and meet our mission. Considering the changing landscape of 21st century work environments, All4Ed recognizes that flexibility in work locations can maximize the diversity, strengths, and talents of our team. Therefore, while this is a Washington, DC- based position, there are opportunities for flexible and teleworking arrangements.
All4Ed embraces the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
No phone calls please.